FLORIDA COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE LAW
“Commercial Real Estate Law” is the practice of law dealing with matters relating to ownership and rights in commercial real property including, but not limited to, real estate conveyances and other transfers, leases, sales and other transactions involving commercial real estate, condominium and property owners association development, zoning and land use planning regulation, commercial real estate development and financing, the examination of real estate titles, and the determination of property rights.
Commercial real estate law is a large part of our transactional practice. We handle the following types of commercial real estate matters:
- Purchase and Sale Transactions: multi-tenant office buildings, single-tenant office buildings, shopping centers, commercial condominium units, warehouse condominium units, and specialty-use properties.
- Financing and Refinancing Transactions: commercial real estate financing, including traditional bank loans and Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduit (“REMIC”/”Conduit”) loans; preparation and review of all commercial loan documents; construction loan financing and permanent loan financing.
- Commercial Leasing Transactions: Landlord and Tenant representation in negotiating and drafting office and shopping center leases.
- Investor Representation: all legal issues relating to the investment in commercial real estate, including the drafting of sophisticated partnership agreements, limited liability operating agreements, joint venture agreements, and general and limited partnership agreements.
- Real Estate Syndication: all legal issues relating to capital formation for real estate deals through privately placed equity and debt securities offerings, including preparation of offering materials, securities compliance issues, and the structuring and preparation of investment agreements between the promoter and the investors as a class.
- Commercial Real Estate Due Diligence: all legal issues relating to real estate due diligence for purchase and/or financing purposes, including title examination, lease verification, tenant estoppel certificate preparation, subordination and non-disturbance agreement (SNDA) preparation, zoning and land use verification, municipal code compliance verification, environmental report review, review and analysis of all third-party expert opinions and reports, …
- Condominium Conversions: all legal issues relating to the conversion of multi-tenant office buildings to office condominiums, including the preparation of commercial condominium documents, and all compliance requirements.
- Real Estate Development: all legal issues relating to the development of real estate from its undeveloped state as raw land to its developed state as residential housing communities, office building or retail uses; including handling various governmental approvals processes, interacting with other land use development professionals, permitting, development agreement negotiation and preparation, handling platting requirements, preparation of development easements, the preparation of homeowners and condominium association documents (commercial and residential), and the preparation of master association documents.
- Commercial Loan Workouts and Loan Restructuring: all legal issues relating to commercial loan defaults, loan workouts and loan restricting, including commercial foreclosure defense and lender liability defenses.